City officials are making improvements to Malcolm X Park, and the park will be closed while renovations are under way.
The Department of Engineering is overseeing the reconstruction of Malcolm X work, which the city has planned and funded in conjunction with New City Parks, Scenic Hudson, and other community partners.
Malcolm X Park has been closed since Sept. 19. Fencing will be erected along the Mansion Street sidewalk.
Based on community input, the work includes:
• Resurfacing of the basketball courts and new hoops and backboards
• New play equipment and safety surfacing
• New benches, tables and grills
• New pavilion and raised garden beds
• New walking paths along the Fall Kill Creek
• New trees and plantings
Work is expected to be completed in summer 2023.